CoinBulb

Thursday 9 June 2016

The Way Things are

i try to grip my ears a little more tighter. that's the thing about murgha punishment, your grip on your earlobes tends to get loose time and time again. i would know, after all i am receiving this punishment for 22 years of my life. This time i am punished for no reason at all. but i gladly became a murgha when my grandmother (dadi) told me to become murgha. she is getting old and i understand she feels very lonely in her room. She used to punish me when i did something naughty when i was younger. she used to pull me by the ear and bring me to her room. after some scolding and slaps, i used to stand as a murghi for as long as my grandmother liked. Sometimes my mother used to come and plead to grandmother,
"kab se murgha baani vi hai ye, ab tou khatam krden iski saza."
sometimes my father used to come and intervene,
"itni dair se murgha banaya wa hai aapne Sara ko, please khara krden."
 many times the pleading worked, but sometimes it didn't and the murgha punishment seemed to go on for eternity. After i turned 16, murgha punishment stopped, as i had grown older and had stopped doing naughty stuff. Although i did get scoldings time and again. Then however, as i turned 19, one day dadi called me in her room and said murgha bano.
"Par kio? kia kia mene?"
"Kuch nahi, bas mujhe wo waqt yaad araha hai jb tm mere kamre mein murga banti thi."
"Par ab mein baari hogae hun, is tarah se murgha banna sahi nhi mere liye."
After i said that, i noticed a very lonely look in my dadi's eyes. she was feeling lonely.
she had been a very stern and strict dadi, but now she had no one to discipline.
there and then i decided that i will be her good grand daughter.
in her last days of her life i will support her in her loneliness. if that meant becoming murgha in her room, then  murgha i will become.
So i became murgha right in front of her. she sat on the single sofa of her room and i a stood as a murgha in front of her. i knew this gave her a good sense of the old days. i also got a sense of the  old days but they were more peculiar as i noticed my body had become bigger. so for a the past 3 years it had become a custom for  me, going to my dadi's room at 10 pm after dinner to become a murgha and give her the company of a good granddaughter. I assume this will go on till i am married. that will probably happen after 3 years.



No comments:

Post a Comment